Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 283: Running Around the City

Diette may have been the one physically running around the city, but I covered quite a bit of ground today too. Once we parted at the starting line, I ventured out on my personal photo marathon - capturing 26.2 photos of the day. First stop - some of my all-time fave spots in Chicago in Millennium Park. Then, it was off to Wrigleyville, where I caught Diette at Mile 8 and got some pics from my old neighborhood. I made my way back downtown to get some more shots, and finally meet up with Diette at the finish line.  She was a super fast runner, completing the marathon in 3:57 (Geaux Diette!), so I had to work quick. Thankfully, Meredith and Diette indulged me for a few more photos as we took a scenic drive along the lake and back downtown after church.




















In preparing for today's photo marathon, several people asked me what my .2 photo would be. The marathon doesn't just end at Mile 26. There's that little bit of extra tacked own at the end.   So I thought it most fitting to feature my lovely host and fellow traveler as my very special .2.  Thanks for a great weekend, ladies!


Note my special shout-out to my sweet nephew Murphy! By being in Chicago this weekend, I missed out on his Christening in DC. Congrats, Murph! So proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment