After letting my photos do the better pat of the talking for the past year, it's hard to find the words to sum up how I feel about the past year's experience. Thinking back, I'm really not sure what type of expectation I had for the blog, but I can only imagine that it was nothing like what I received.
As you might remember, I initially signed up to run a marathon this year, which I didn't ever complete (oops!). One of the big reasons why I wanted to run one was for the cheering. Every time I go out to a race, I'm so moved by the yells and sounds of the onlookers cheering for the runners. Unless you're an athlete, there's just not enough experiences where people can actually cheer for you as you go through life. And while this photo blog hasn't been a physical test, it has definitely still been a marathon. And I feel like a Kenyan because the amount of cheers and love I have felt along the way.
It still amazes me when someone tells me that they read the blog regularly or - for some - that it's the first thing they do in the morning. I have never in my life felt so interesting; and on days when I wasn't feeling exciting, knowing that someone was reading pushed me to try new things and look at everyday items in a fun or creative way. For all of the compliments and comments, thank you all.
And for those of you have allowed me to take photos of your families or referred me on to friends, thank you so much for the privilege of doing so. While this blog has brought me closer to so many important people in my life, it's also brought so many new people into it as well - and started friendships that I hope will last a long time.
To my friends and family members, thank you for always graciously agreeing to be on the blog when I stuck a camera in your face and for all of your support. For my three favorite muses, Maxwell, Elizabeth and Murphy, I feel so blessed to have gotten to capture so many of your special moments over the past year and even more so just to be your aunt.
So now for the burning question... what next? Will I keep blogging? And the answer is yes... just not on a daily basis. I still question if I was actually that interesting for the past 365 days and I really don't know if I could keep that up. But yes, I still plan on taking photos and posting; I'm just not going to force myself to a regular schedule. While the blog's primary purpose was for me to grow as a photographer, it's become about staying connected with all of you... and that is so much more important.
With that, I'll say goodbye for the night... with no photo for the day... Thank you all again! This blog has brought an amazing amount of love into my life and I couldn't be more grateful.
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you, Marcie! You will never know how much sunshine you brought into my life. Your blog has been so much fun to read and your pictures are outstanding! You are such a great person and I love you dearly! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm going to keep the site as my number one bookmark. Bravo to you, little sister. Major accomplishment--both personally and artistically.
ReplyDeleteI loved following your blog this year!! Your photography is simply amazing!! You capture life beautifully as it happens, a hard thing to do! I look forward to more, even if it is intermittent. I hope this has also allowed more balance in your life. You deserve it! Congrats on a great 2010 in pictures!! xoxo, katie
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Marcie! I'm so proud of you for being consistent and creative. Glad to know the New Year Adventure worked out. I'm still going to be watching my buzz feed daily for new pictures-- it will be missed!
ReplyDelete