Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Day of Peace & Non-Violence
I was so grateful for the opportunity to come to Fayetteville for a quick mid-week visit to see the Dalai Lama speak at the University of Arkansas. My amazing brother-in-law Sidney was the driving force behind the whole visit and it was so exciting to see all of his hard work come to fruition. It was truly inspiring to hear from such a peaceful global leader! In addition to the Dalai Lama, there was also a panel discussion with Sr. Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking and fellow SJA graduate, and Professor Vincent Harding, speech writer for Martin Luther King and overall non-violence advocate. AMAZING! I didn't have prime seats for taking photos, nor was I allowed to bring in my big camera for security reasons, but in many ways, it was great to be able to focus on the message, rather than the image as I so often do. Great job, Sid! Very proud of you!
Labels:
dalai lama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment